Sample Intro Letter To Co-op Board in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample Intro Letter To Co-op Board in NYC

Any thoughts, comments or other examples we can leverage off of? Any tips in general on how to write a good introduction letter to the co-op board when buying a coop in NYC would be helpful!

Co-op Board
    The Manhattan Co-op
    150 Fifth Avenue
    New York, NY 10043
    September 21, 2018

To the Co-op Board,

Please accept my application to purchase apartment 10C in the Manhattan Co-op.

By way of introduction, professionally, I am a tenured Professor of Genetic Engineering at Columbia University. As a professor, I teach undergraduate and graduate courses and direct our departmental Ph.D. program. I run a research laboratory that is funded by the National Institutes of Health and serve on a committee that reviews NIH grant applications. My research group and I are developing new treatments for patients with pulmonary edema, and I have been awarded two patents for this work. I find my research fascinating and am hopeful that it will extend lives.

Outside of work, I am an avid reader, an opera and museum lover and a photography enthusiast. When I get out of town, depending on the season, I swim, hike, ice skate or cross-country ski.

Financially, I am conservative and responsible in my spending. I am fortunate and grateful that my family that was able to pay my college tuition, and I have no outstanding debt. As a graduate student and postdoctoral fellow, I received funding or a small salary and lived within the means of that support. I pay my bills on time and do not carry credit card debt. I am, again, fortunate to be able to purchase this apartment without a mortgage. I will pay my monthly maintenance charge diligently.

I am a native Upper West Sider and looking forward to returning to the neighborhood. I am particularly pleased to have found the Manhattan Co-op, with its terrific location and light, airy apartments. I admittedly debated between two different apartments. I first chose one with a large kitchen but then had an honest change of heart. I realized I preferred the unusual shape, great view and ability to open a window of the kitchen in 10C. I envision 10C as my new home.

While I have enjoyed an easy commute from Battery Park City to my work at Columbia, there are multiple reasons I wish to move back uptown. My current location is convenient but doesn’t feel, as the UWS does, like a neighborhood. As I mentioned, I’m an opera fan. Being able to walk home after operas at the Met would be lovely. As would being able to walk home after frequent Sunday-night dinners with my family. My parents live in a co-op at 212 Amsterdam Avenue. My brother and sister-in-law live in a co-op on West 80th Street – with my brand-new nephew. Proximity to my wonderful family is an important factor in my desire to return to the UWS.

Thank you in advance for reviewing my application, on which I hope you will act favorably.

Sincerely,
Working...
X