How to source buyers and sellers as a new NYC agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to source buyers and sellers as a new NYC agent

Guys, i just started as a new real estate agent at a mid sized brokerage firm this week. Very excited. I am also a part time uber driver. Any tips for getting my first client? How do you source buyer and sellers in NYC? Should I just hand out my business card?

Hey Abou, it's all about networking and referrals when it comes to scoring your own clients in New York City. If you're driving people around who can afford an Uber trip, then you're bound to meet many New Yorkers who are in the market to buy or sell an apartment. Make sure to build rapport with your customers and anyone else you meet, and hand out as many business cards as you can.

When you do finally score a client, it's critical to do as good of a job as possible. Amaze them! Only by amazing your customers with a great experience and smooth closing process will they be inclined to refer you their friends and family. For most experienced agents, referrals from happy prior customers are the single biggest source of new clients.

Alternatively, you can also juice your business by purchasing leads from property search websites like Realtor.com, StreetEasy, Homes.com and Zillow. These guys basically will charge agents for "leads" .. i.e. website visitors who accidentally click on the contact agent button vs finding a way to contact the listing agent directly. Some folks have success with that route, and if you can afford it then it's worth a shot as well.

Comment

Working...
    X