Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who sends the Aztec Recognition Agreement for NYC co op apartment purchases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who sends the Aztec Recognition Agreement for NYC co op apartment purchases?

Just got this from the seller's agent for a sponsor unit co op purchase in Manhattan:

Please have your client complete the attached application.
    The application, loan application, loan commitment letter and 3 original aztech recognition agreements will need to be sent to Greenthal. Please show me a copy before you send. Thank you so much!

My question is who is responsible for sending me this Aztec Recognition Agreement? If I need it for this board package, where do I go about on getting this Aztec form?

Great article by Hauseit on what a Aztech Recognition Agreement is (see link below). However, great question on who actually takes the lead on sending around the Aztec agreement. It's a nuance not many real estate agents will know.

The Aztechs are documents that will come from your bank (usually the bank's attorney) and is pre-signed by the bank. Then you would sign it and then the co-op board signs it. There should be 3 originals signed in ink— original copies not e-copies. It is a tripartite agreement that confirms the loan amount and notice between the parties. Again, it comes from the lender, and usually from their attorney.

I've had attorneys confirm this for me on deals. They say that is correct, the Aztec form indeed comes from the bank. As a result, your mortgage loan officer needs to take the lead on their end and have it sent to you to start the process.

You'll need the original Aztech forms to submit with your coop board application just FYI.
    What is an Aztech Recognition Agreement? Who signs this agreement and what and who does it protect? Why is this agreement even necessary?

Comment

Working...
    X