Wisdom of submitting an offer early before first open house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisdom of submitting an offer early before first open house

What if you have found the perfect apartment, and it's just 2 days on market but they have an open house this coming Sunday, and say the following Sunday as well? You have managed to get in and see it early. Obviously you want the apartment, but you are worried about your offer being shopped if you submit your offer now.

I've been told that the listing agent would never cancel the open house already posted since the listing is so new, even if you come in early with a super strong offer. Is this true in you all's experience? What are the advantages vs disadvantages of submitting a real estate offer to purchase an apartment early in NYC?

Originally posted by ryan_gz View Post
    What if you have found the perfect apartment, and it's just 2 days on market but they have an open house this coming Sunday, and say the following Sunday as well? You have managed to get in and see it early. Obviously you want the apartment, but you are worried about your offer being shopped if you submit your offer now.

I've been told that the listing agent would never cancel the open house already posted since the listing is so new, even if you come in early with a super strong offer. Is this true in you all's experience? What are the advantages vs disadvantages of submitting a real estate offer to purchase an apartment early in NYC?
    Where is the apartment located? If it's in a neighborhood that's currently in a 'seller's market' then you are going to get shopped (put in competition with other buyers) no matter what. I would suggest you submit your offer early so that the listing agent seller will remember you as being the first and most serious buyer.

No serious listing agent in NYC will stop holding open houses until a property is fully in contract.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X