Co op letter of recommendation samples in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co op letter of recommendation samples in NYC

What are some great templates or letter of recommendation samples that we can reference for a co op board package? I've included a sample from my end, names changed around. Would love to see a few other ideas. Thank you!

To Whom It May Concern:

I am pleased to provide a personal reference for my long-time friend and former colleague Benny Benson. Benny and I began our friendship over 10 years ago as co-workers in the IT Department at Bezos Bank and in the 10 years that we worked as teammates, I was continually impressed by his unmatched work ethic, strong moral compass, and ability to connect with our most difficult and mercurial clients.

I consider Benny a great friend whom I regularly solicit for advice as I know it comes without judgment but rather, a great deal of regard towards guiding me to the best possible solution to the problem at hand. As anyone who knows Benny will tell you, there are countless examples of Benny’s good nature and overall altruistic attitude. Despite his hectic work schedule, has been known to drop everything to come to the aid of a friend in need.

I absolutely believe that Benny would be a welcome addition to the co-op and am sure that he will be a good neighbor the other residents in the building. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions at (212) 111-1111.

Very truly yours,
    Mark

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am pleased to provide a personal reference for Marky Mark, currently a resident of 111 West Street, New York, New York.

I have known Mark for five years, professionally and personally, having completed numerous financial transactions in excess of $200 million through my capacity at Mortimer Investments. Mark personally represented Davos Financial, providing $100 million of construction financing, for one of our largest deals with the development of 212 Fifth Avenue in Lenox Hill, New York. Additionally, I consider Mark one of my close personal friends.

Without reservation, I would endorse Mark to be a resident at your building. He is a respectful, professional, and hardworking individual. I know that you will find David a good and respectful neighbor. Please feel free to contact me at 212-111-1212 at any time if you would like more information about my friend.

Sincerely,
    William Wallace
    Last edited by showtime; 05-23-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Dear Board Members:

I am writing as a professional and personal reference for my friend and business colleague, Mr. Montgomery Burns. I have known Mr. Burns since 2011 when, while at JP Financial, he managed the relationship with my former employer. Since that time, Mr. Burns and I have developed and maintained a strong business relationship and friendship.

By way of background, I am currently a Principal and Manager for Arlington Real Estate Credit Fund ("ARECF"), a $100mm platform focused on structured investments in real estate credit. Prior to launching ARECF, I was a Vice President at Big Pepper Capital, a family office that focused on structured products and other real estate investments. I have closed multiple transactions with Mr. Burns in both these roles.

To date, Mr. Burns and I have closed over $300 million of credit and debt transactions together, in fact, we closed a deal just two weeks before the date of this letter. Mr. Burns has always been a pleasure to work with and more importantly, he is a man of high character. Mr. Burns is responsible and respectful and he exemplifies integrity to the highest degree and is truly a man of his word.

I have also enjoyed a close personal friendship with Mr. Burns. Mr. Burns was a groomsman at my wedding two years ago and has remained a close friend and confidant since we first met. I am honored to consider him a family friend to my wife and parents as well.

Based on my experience, I am confident Mr. Burns will be the kind of responsible, quiet neighbor that would make him an ideal shareholder or renter of your co op building. I am certain that you and he will have a happy and mutually beneficial relationship for many years to come.

Sincerely,
      Jason Stone

Comment

It's great that you're looking for different templates and samples for your co-op board package. You can find some awesome resources online, like websites and forums, where people share their experiences and provide helpful examples.

Comment

Hey there! As someone mentioned above, websites, forums, and even professional networking platforms often have examples shared by people who have gone through the process. You can also reach out to friends, mentors, or colleagues who have written or received letters of recommendation before. They might be willing to share their experiences and provide some valuable insights. Best of luck with your co-op application, and remember that a well-crafted letter of recommendation can make a big difference!
          Last edited by Rapotamo; 07-14-2023, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X