Listing commission structure shown in REBNY RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listing commission structure shown in REBNY RLS

To my partner broker, I saw your email conversation with Tina regarding the above issue. As I recall we listed 2.5% as the commission for a buyer's broker, certainly not 4.5%. I have a broker coming shortly who emailed me to ask what the commission is, and as I can't access my Hauseit account or RLS (obviously), I am not sure what is listed there. And as there have been errors in the listing price and maintenance before, I want to be sure that brokers are not expecting a 4.5% commission. The broker who came on Friday had a listing with a lower than actual maintenance, and I want to be sure that the commission information is not also in error, as I don't want to get into a conflict because the broker expects a higher than offered commission based on the RLS listing. Thank you.

Thanks for reaching out! Please rest assured that the buyer's agent was inquiring about the total commission structure vs the co-broked commission to them. For example, if they see a 2.25% co-broke, they'll assume the total commission structure is 4.5%. That is what they are asking. They do not expect to be paid 4.5% in commission.

It seems you have recently re-listed with us, and have decided to start co-broking 2.5% instead. Our team has submitted a listing update request on your behalf this time, and the support team will double check and send you a RLS screenshot when they are back in the office on Monday. It's likely that the buyer agent's brokerage hasn't refreshed their feed yet.

As an interesting technicality, the RLS has recently started automatically displaying the "total commission" by simply doubling the co-broke amount entered into the RLS. Rest assured that only the percentage co-broked to buy-side agents matters (i.e. the listing agreement governs for sell side commission, if any depending on self service / full service).

Please remember going forward to submit all listing updates and requests through the Hauseit website. The submit listing update form can be found under the Account menu bar item.

If you have any other great questions about the process or unrelated directly to updating your listing, please post them in our customer support forum and someone in the community will get back to you!

P.S. Regarding the maintenance, as our team previously mentioned and showed you, the correct maintenance was entered into the RLS from our end. However, syndication errors on third party portals and sites can occur, but is not something we can control for given the nature of third party sites being third party sites. We make best efforts however to correct syndication errors when found, but cannot control what third party sites choose to display. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
    X