Question about managing Zillow and Trulia listings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about managing Zillow and Trulia listings

With the listing going live on the MLS I am no longer able to edit my home details on Zillow. There are currently a few issues I am experiencing with this.

1) The pictures on the MLS did not go over to the Zillow feed, so my property went live on Zillow with a handful amateur pictures that already existed for the house previously. As the owner I wanted to "add more pictures" but am no longer able to and there is no clear way for me to fix this, meanwhile the Zillow listing already had 400+ views, this is clearly not the first impression I would have liked. As someone who choose this service to be a more hands on seller, how can I update the pictures on Zillow?

2) I created a dedicated phone number for this listing, but it does not show up on Zillow. The only contact information is for the listing agent. My expectation is all leads for my property from Zillow will be forwarded to me and are not considered a pre-existing client for the purpose of a buyers agent fee, is that indeed the case?

Thank you for listing through our Assisted FSBO service! It's certainly impressive that you've already gotten 400+ views already on just one site (Zillow) immediately upon listing, our partner brokers say that they have no doubt your listing will sell quickly.

With that said, once a property is listed by our partner brokers, it is updated on all 3rd party websites via a feed from the MLS (RLS for NYC sellers), and owners typically will not be able to change or edit the listing on a specific 3rd party website directly. In fact, listing brokers typically won't be able to either, as they have the edit the listing from the centralized source (i.e. the MLS) from where all changes will propagate to all 3rd party websites.

Please submit a listing update on our website for any similar issues or errors you find on 3rd party websites, while keeping in mind that our partner brokers cannot force 3rd party websites to do anything with their data or how they choose to display data. Our partner brokers can only submit a support ticket to the specific 3rd party website you're having an issue with, and wait for them to take action, if they choose to do so.

With that said, it seems like this specific issue for you has already been solved, and was due to Zillow occasionally still picking up the old owner photos when a new listing is syndicated. This seems to be a known issue with Zillow.

Lastly, in terms of your question regarding having your own phone number displayed on your listing. Please remember to check out our Assisted FSBO FAQ which answers this question in great detail, reproduced below:

How will I receive inquiries?

Our partner brokers employ front desk secretaries who answer phone calls and take messages during normal business hours. Messages, emails, texts and automatically transcribed voicemails relating to your property are relayed to you promptly and within a commercially reasonable amount of time. The phone number associated with your listing will be the main office line of one of our partner brokers. For obvious reasons, it is not possible to change their main office number to your phone number unless you wish to become the listing agent for all of their listings. All jokes aside, the level of responsiveness of our partner brokers is leagues ahead of industry standards where full commission listing agents don’t have any obligation to keep their seller updated.

Comment

Working...
    X