Transparency in disclosing affiliates and partner broker names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparency in disclosing affiliates and partner broker names

Hi team, first of all I want to say that I think this service is fantastic and a much needed service in NYC. I personally think most Realtors don't have a clue about the internet or online marketing, and that they're mainly good for the in person sales stuff. The assisted flat fee FSBO service you guys offer is fantastic and fills much needed niche for someone who wants control of the process but needs help with the listing exposure to sites and broker databases.

With that said, may I ask why you don't just openly disclose who your partners and affiliates are? Why not have a menu with reviews for customers to pick and choose from? Maybe it's an obvious answer I am not thinking of. But have seen some people (probably competing brokers I get it) online who question the lack of so called transparency at Hauseit.

Respectfully,
    Ryan

Ryan, I am by no means an expert, but with a cursory look at their home page www.hauseit.com it seems obvious, let me know if I'm missing something.

Basically, take this example. If a restaurant owner has a friends and family sale and gives meals for half off during one specific week, don't you think the restaurant owner would want some control over their future pricing? Why would they want their discounted rates (during that one specific week) to be blasted all over the internet and to be held to it by all future customers?

Same thing I'd imagine for broker owners of real estate companies working with Hauseit. Just because they give a sweet deal to their friends and through Hauseit, doesn't mean they want all of their current and future normal referral business to be automatically discounted. Why would they pass up on a regular referral that's full commission? Why would they want their hands tied permanently?

What if they stop working with Hauseit? Would they want their name to be splattered all over the internet saying that they're okay to work for less? I imagine any broker owner would wish to retain the optionality to charge what they want. So it's a bit unfair to ask them to be named when they don't want to!

Comment

Working...
    X