How to block noise from windows in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to block noise from windows in NYC

Can someone give me some tips for how to block sound from a window in your apartment in NYC? What if your apartment is street facing and there are constantly cars driving bar? Worse, what if there is a loose manhole cover and you've tried calling 311 multiple times, but no one from the city government bothers to come by to fix it. Obviously it's very hard to sleep if there's a loud clang from the manhole cover every time a car drives over it. Please teach me how to block noise from windows in New York City!

Originally posted by Benny View Post
    Can someone give me some tips for how to block sound from a window in your apartment in NYC? What if your apartment is street facing and there are constantly cars driving bar? Worse, what if there is a loose manhole cover and you've tried calling 311 multiple times, but no one from the city government bothers to come by to fix it. Obviously it's very hard to sleep if there's a loud clang from the manhole cover every time a car drives over it. Please teach me how to block noise from windows in New York City!
    Hi Benny - have you considered city windows? I've seen these work wonders for apartments facing busy (2 way) streets. It's essentially a second window which you install behind the main window. Eliminates the vast majority of the noise!

Comment

Working...
    X