How to buy a parking spot in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to buy a parking spot in NYC

I'm tired of paying escalating monthly rent to my parking garage. I started a year ago at an intro rate of $300 a month which I'll admit is fantastic for NYC. However, it's already been raised to $375 a month this year. Massive inflation in NYC as always. How can you buy a parking spot in NYC? Any tips to do so? How are parking spaces valued in NYC? Do they trade on a price per square foot basis? Are there any carrying costs for parking spaces in NYC?

From what I've seen, typically buyers will just search online on popular property search websites like the NY Times or SE and screen for "parking spot" or something like that in the listing description. Then they'll contact the listing agent and see if the owner would be willing to sell the parking spot separately.

This makes sense because often times you'll see in property descriptions a line about a deeded parking space that's included with the sale. Sometimes these can be sold off separately, especially if it's to a neighbor who already lives in the building!

Comment

Working...
    X