How to install washer and dryer in apartment in NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to install washer and dryer in apartment in NYC

Can someone tell me how to put a washer and dryer in an apartment in NYC? My wife harasses me at least a few times a month about not having a washer machine in our condo in New York City. So either we have to start looking for apartments with washer and dryer in unit or we install a washing machine in our condo. Also, there's not condo washer and dryer in our building so we currently have to lug our laundry once every couple of weeks to the neighborhood laundromat to clean our clothes. Any help would be appreciated.

Please take a step back before going any further with installing a washing machine in your apartment in NYC. It sounds like you live in a coop or condo building. If so, you'll definitely need board approval. You'll need to sign an alteration agreement and get approval from your board to begin anything. You'll probably have to put down a security deposit and pay some sort of building or architect fee for the building's architect to approve your plans. Your general contractor will need to have ample insurance to cover any potential damage. So that is step one.

Don't make the mistake of doing renovations on your apartment in NYC (even if you own it because it's a condo) without getting approval from your board. That will lead to hefty fines, and possibly you having to undo the work and remove your washing machine. It's a disaster I've seen it happen.

Comment

Working...
    X