Real estate attorney recommendations for NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real estate attorney recommendations for NYC

I know a lot of real estate brokers and other professionals frequent this forum. Do y'all have any good referrals for a competent, responsive attorney specializing in real estate transactions in NYC? What kind of prices are we looking at for fees?

Any suggestions welcome. Thank you.

If you ask your buyer's agent, I'm sure they will have several good recommendations for you of attorneys they've actually worked with and had good outcomes with. That's probably your safest best. Definitely get a few suggestions and referrals and interview them though. Make sure you ask them tough questions like whether they actually specialize in real estate transactions, whether they have fidelity bond coverage, whether the attorney himself or his paralegal will actually be on the case, etc.

Expect to pay $2,000 to $3,000 on average, flat fee, for a NYC based attorney. Out of town attorneys can be cheaper, and there are some flat fee attorneys that operate in NYC for as little as $750. I've found the latter to sometimes be unresponsive, though that can be a risk for a full priced attorney as well. Do you diligence!å

Comment

Working...
    X