Investment properties in Baltimore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Investment properties in Baltimore

Anyone investing in Baltimore Maryland? I manage multiple properties in Baltimore City and am seeing more and more New Yorkers buying investment properties out there.

In a word- YES! However you must exercise caution and get familiar with areas and values. Baltimore is a block by block city meaning the values can fluctuate wildly in the same neighborhood.
    Find out property values, Most accurate home value website

Comment

That's so funny. My friend is visiting family in Baltimore this weekend. He says it is extremely "hood" and dangerous.

"I almost got caught in a shooting yesterday

My entire family had to hide under a table at dinner and then we scrambled through the kitchen to the street and got out"

At the same time, I've heard about the extremely low property valuations there. For example, a friend told me should found something for $16,000 in Baltimore? A rowhouse. I thought she meant that was the broker commission. But no, that was the sale price of the entire rowhouse. Unbelievable. Crime truly deflates property values.

Comment

Originally posted by shavonnepatrylak6 View Post
        In a word- YES! However you must exercise caution and get familiar with areas and values. Baltimore is a block by block city meaning the values can fluctuate wildly in the same neighborhood.
        Hi Savonne - what do you mean by "block by block" in the context of current cap rates and future upside? Do you only buy in blocks that are already nice, or are you taking a view on which blocks will increase in value more than others over time? What is the typical cap rate for a residential condo or townhouse in Baltimore?

NYC cap rates essentially cap out at 5% anywhere within 45min of Manhattan on the subway. In Manhattan, you are lucky if the cap rate is over 3%. As a result, Baltimore may be of interest!

Comment

Working...
        X