Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Doorman here ???

Anyone Doorman here ???

Yes what up? I'm in the West Village, work on a couple of buildings. Am also an investor, have a commercial property in FL. My partner has a co op apartment in the area so it's super convenient for me to service a couple of buildings here.

Comment

Not a doorman, but I do know of a doorman on the Upper East Side who was a real estate agent also. Not sure if that's what you're asking or if you're thinking about a career in NYC real estate. It's definitely doable though from what I've seen. However, this particular doorman had more off peak hours, so he was able to sneak out for open houses and showings on the weekend. It was a bigger building with more backup doorman, so he could wing it.

It's definitely doable, but you just need to make sure you can check emails and answer calls while at work. And that you can sneak out for the occasional showing. Otherwise, it's quite a good dual role to have as you come across and know owners in the building all day! Just pass out your business card, I'm sure the owners would be sympathetic to working with you.

Comment

Working...
      X