Have to send out Deal Sheet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to send out Deal Sheet?

Hello, I have used Hauseit's Agent Assisted FSBO service and am planning on accepting an offer. The buyer's broker for the other side doesn't know that I am the owner and the second I would send out the Deal Sheet to all parties, he will see it. Is it possible for me to not offer to send out a Deal Sheet and just have my attorney contact the buyer's attorney? Or send out the Deal Sheet to everyone but this broker? At this point, would basically love to keep my identity as the seller a secret until the end. Thoughts?

Congrats on the accepted offer! You can certainly have your attorney get in touch with the buyer's attorney directly in lieu of a deal sheet. After all, many deals are done without any agents and for those deals the buyer and seller just put their attorneys in touch.

The deal the deal sheet is primarily a broker convention, although it is useful in summarizing the terms of the transaction for the lawyer so that they can include them in the contract.

Have you asked your listing agent if she or he can send it out on your behalf?

Comment

Hi there, please remember to read our guide on how to deal with buyers' agents as an Agent Assisted FSBO (link below). Please remember that there's no need to hide your identity as the seller, especially once there is something more real than an initial showing request.

Our partner broker teams are happy to send out the deal sheet on your behalf, free of charge. Please simply email them the completed deal sheet and they can circulate it to brokers and lawyers on both sides.

Alternatively, if you really like, you can have the lawyers contact each other without sending out a deal sheet. This is a bit more unorthodox, but is what often happens in direct transactions without brokers (i.e. between neighbors).
      Learning how to deal with buyers' agents in NYC if you're planning to sell FSBO is critical as over 80% of all home buyers are represented by an agent.

Comment

Just curious nycrealestate20, we noticed that you created your account with this email: owenrlty@gmail.com from this IP address: 108.162.219.144

We do not have a record of you as a customer. May we ask you to please confirm which email address you used to sign up for our services?

Comment

Perhaps that's short for "Owen Realty?" Sounds an awful lot like a broker's email. It's too bad that you guys have to deal with internet trolls and folks creating fake profiles to try to slander you all of the time!

That's why I don't really participate in forums in general anymore. Don't know who's who, and what their hidden motivations and intentions are.

Comment

Working...
          X