List the apartment now or wait until after Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List the apartment now or wait until after Jan

Hi I have a move-in ready 2bed-2bath coop apartment in Queens. Considering the slow season between Thanksgiving and Jan 1st, will it be better for me to list the apartment now (actually next week as I need to get the photos ready etc), so I only have one open house (Nov 21) before Thanksgiving. Or will it be better for me to list the apartment on Jan 08 so that I can get more consistent traffic? I know it's still winter, the traffic is not going to improve much over the holidays. What do you guys think?

Hi there, it depends on your pricing strategy. If it's slightly underpriced and you're looking to actually sell, and sell reasonably quickly, then it's not necessarily a bad time at all. The market is NYC has really rebounded and is quite hot, so you have multiple good weeks before the winter holidays.

Keep in mind if you take a listing off market, it needs to be off market for 3 months before some sites like StreetEasy will reset your day count to zero when you relist. Hauseit has a good article below on when homes typically get listed in NYC, see below link.
    Houses come on the market all year round in NYC although you’ll see more activity in the spring and fall selling seasons.

Comment

Thanks Aslan for the comments and the link. It is very informative.

Comment

Working...
      X